During 2012 I tried something new, I tried keeping track of my weight loss goals throughout the year.
This involved weighing myself most mornings (when I remembered) and writing it down on a clipboard hanging in the bathroom over the scale. I also kept a tally of days when I worked out.
Here are the results!
Weight loss results:
- Biggest Loss (by weight and percentage): 5.4 lbs, May 25th. I came back from a 5-day cruise, and worked out.
- Biggest Gain (weight & percentage): 4.8 lbs Mar 4th. I must have been hungry.
- Longest consecutive loss streak: 5 days, starting April 20th.
- Longest gain streak: 6 days, July 29th (birthday celebrations possibly related).
- Max weight: December 26th
- Min weight: April 6th (near the peak of my workout streaks and still riding the new year weight loss resolution)
- On days where I lost weight, my average loss was 1.61 lbs.
- Range: 20.6 lbs (difference between min/max weight in 2012).
- Net weight loss for 2012: 2.2 lbs.
Throughout the ups and downs of the year, I lost 20 lbs and gained all but 2 back.
- Workout frequency: 112 workouts, or 2 workouts a week on average (2.5/week if you exclude Nov/Dec which I took off).
- Workout intensity: I classified 40% of my workouts as “hard” (high intensity).
- Longest consecutive workout streak: 10 days, starting January 11th.
I had set a goal of 3 workouts per week, so I know I need to step it up to get there in 2013.